TAX FREE SALES免税販売
At BEST CO., Ltd
all of the following "duty-free sales" procedures are handled at all stores
(The administrative procedure fee is free)
1. For non-residents staying for shorter than 6 months after entering the country, such as a "Short-term stay visa"
Please bring "Passport".
2. Japanese who works at an office, factory, etc outside the country, and temporarily returning home on vacation etc.
※ Departure by taking goods abroad within 6 months after returning to Japan is a condition.
Please bring "Passport", and “EMPLOYMENT PASS" or "IDENTITY CARD" as proof that you are working locally abroad.
3. Foreign national crew arriving in Japan by ship or aircraft etc.
Please bring "CREW MEMBER'S LANDING PERMIT" and present "CREW MEMBER'S POCKET-LEDGERS" or "Passport".
4. For tourists landing in Japan on a large cruise ship
Please show "SINGLE / MULTIPLE LANDING PERMIT FOR CRUISE SHIP TOURIST)".
5. Those on official duties for foreign governments, international organizations, or foreign diplomatic establishments in Japan
Please bring a "Tax Exemption Card" issued by Senior Deputy Chief of Protocol of Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
All stores are designated as "DS system (Tax exemption system for foreign establishments is applicable only to embassy, legations, and consulates, as well as ambassadors, envoys, and counselors)" stores, approved by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Finance National Tax Agency.
6. Those residing in Japan with "Japanese nationality or foreign nationality, etc., regardless of nationality" and satisfying the following conditions
· Persons who purchase souvenirs and depart Japan
· Persons who purchase for self-use purposes and plan to stay in a foreign country for more than 2 years
Please bring "Passport" ※ Application procedure is required.
※ Application procedure
(1) When purchasing items, purchase includes consumption tax.
(2) Since we prepare a set of application documents at the time of purchase, please fill in necessary items, and upon departure from Japan, submit complete application documents to customs.
(3) At a later date, the customs office notifies the store with applicant’s "proof of departure". After receipt of notice, through transfer of the consumption tax to the specified account, this amount will be equivalent to “tax exemption".
For details, please contact the staff at each store